Monday, January 15, 2007

Eagle Bay Again, Plein Air Landscape, Daily painting


"Eagle Bay Again"
8 x 10 inches
Acrylic on Ampersand gessobord
$750.00

Got to go back to Lake Okeechobee today. The wind was calm with a cool breeze now and then. Started out just lovely. I love the colors of the grass, so I wanted to try to do it En Plein Air this time instead of working from a photo. Got this one painted quickly -- before 9:00 AM! By the time I finished the second painting it got very cloudy. it seemed surreal. I was up on the dike, looking out at Eagle Bay. The other side of the dike looked totally different. Gray and silver, with rays of light shooting through. I should have packed it up, but It was only 10:30, so I started a third . . . needless to say I got rained out!

Click here to see my gallery pages!


Email me at: fmcneillbarr@gmail.com for availability and/or information about having your own custom painting created. 

No comments: