Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Lake Istokpoga, Plein Air Landscape, Impressionism

"Lake Istokpoga"
8 x 10 inches
Acrylic on hardboard

I headed north of here, toward Sebring yesterday morning. (This lake is pronounced iss-ta-poe-ga.) It was so nice out that I stayed until lunch time. I did three paintings, which I will be posting over the next couple of days.

The wind was kind to keep me cool. There were lots of trees for shade, and so many birds posing for me, that I had to keep stopping for more pictures! What a great morning.
I added the birds after I got home, I just couldn't leave them out! smile.

Click here to see my gallery pages!


Email me at: fmcneillbarr@gmail.com for availability and/or information about having your own custom painting created. 


Click here to see what others say about my work!

2 comments:

Lori McNamara said...

I like it Fawn! I remember going to that lake as a child, my parents and some of their friends had a picnic there. I gathered empty black mussel shells along the shore. Then we scraped the black off and they are pretty pearly-pink inside.

Thanks for the memory, I haven't thought of that in years!

Fawn McNeill Barr said...

What a good thing to remember! Thanks for sharing . . .