Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Lock Closed, Historical Plein Air, Drought

"Lock Closed"
8 x 10 inches
(ready to frame)
Acrylic on hardboard

This morning I painted the boat channel, which has been closed most of this year. The water used to come up around the rocks. Every bit of the grass here was covered in water. Now the little puddle on the right is barely ankle deep. The tall grasses near the middle of the rock way are taller than a person while standing on the rocks.
This is the same area that I painted last November: "Over the Dyke."
Then I painted it again after the drought had set in,

Click here to see my gallery pages!

Email me at: fmcneillbarr@gmail.com for availability and/or information about having your own custom painting created. 


Click here to see what others say about my work!

No comments: