Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Inner Beauty, Orchid #4


"Inner Beauty"
(War Paint Orchid #4)
6 x 6 inches
Acrylic on canvas
SOLD

I started very abstract and then got more impressionistic and painterly with lots of nice brush work. But as I was drawn into the center of the flower I began to refine the painting more. It became a tedious and all absorbing thing, I guess I got lost in it for a while. That is a great experience, kind of like a day dream that you don't want to come to an end.


The painting continues on the sides of the canvas, and the staples are on the back. I like that because it makes framing optional.


Click here to see my gallery pages!

Email me at: fmcneillbarr@gmail.com for availability and/or information about having your own custom painting created. 


Click here to see what others say about my work!

No comments: