Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Returning Thanks, Sunset, Heron, wildlife art by fawn




"Returning Thanks"
30 x 36 inches
Acrylic on canvas
$2,500.00
Ready to Frame

This is one I did a few years ago. It is part of a series of about ten paintings I did with very thin paint, letting it run and drip like watercolors. Then I added details in thick paint after the runny layers dried. 

I quickly painted the thin acrylics onto the wet canvas and let it run to symbolize the rain and a sunset. In my paintings the rain is often for tears and growth. The sunset represents the end of a season or time in life.

I have learned that it is through the hard things that we become truly thankful. We begin to see the whole picture and know the trials bring about stronger faith and greater appreciation.

This Great Blue Heron is symbolic for a prayer of thanks, even in the midst of trials.

"All things work together for good to those who love God and are called according to his purpose."  Romans 8:28

Click here to see my gallery pages!

Email me at: fmcneillbarr@gmail.com for availability and/or information about having your own custom painting created. 


Click here to see what others say about my work!

No comments: