Monday, January 28, 2008

Storm Watch, abstract art

"Storm Watch"
9 x 12 inches
Acrylic on hardboard
NOT AVAILABLE

Just goofing around today. This type of painting is fun to do, just put down colors and see where it takes me.


I started with a rainbow type of layout, and then just started pulling colors together. I lost the yellows in the red and green, but thought it looked like grass, so then I added more grass.


The rocks started showing up with reflected lights, which I thought was too cool, so I added more purple in the shadows to strengthen them.

The water looked like an ocean right from the start, so I added the waves to make the storm surf.

 The sky changed about three times, and when the dark shadows showed up I thought it was perfect for the way the grass was so blown about.


Click here to see my gallery pages!

Email me at: fmcneillbarr@gmail.com for availability and/or information about having your own custom painting created. 


Click here to see what others say about my work!

No comments: