Thursday, February 14, 2008

Heavy Laden, Daily Painting

"Heavy Laden"
6 x 6 inches
Acrylic on cradled hardboard

Did this from memory. The snow used to pile up and bend the trees over in interesting shapes and clumps.
My last winter in Libby Montana (years ago) it was 40 below zero for about a week! It was 20 below the week before and the week after. I can still hear Grandma say "Hey look, it is UP to zero today!" Then she laughed. That became our saying after that. "Is it UP to zero today?" It hasn't been that cold for that long again, but this year they have had more snow than they have had in over ten years!
I know Grandma has to be laughing because they couldn't have a grave side burial service! So we are going to have a memorial for her at the end of May when the mountain passes aren't closed and most everyone can be there. My whole family has not been together in over twenty years.


Click here to see my gallery pages!

Email me at: fmcneillbarr@gmail.com for availability and/or information about having your own custom painting created. 

Click here to see what others say about my work!

No comments: