Sunday, August 10, 2008

Lavender Sway 4, Alla prima

"Lavender Sway 4"
8 x 10 inches
acrylic on hardboard

SOLD

This is my second painting in this new blue series. I just finished up a limited palette challenge in greens, so now I want to play around with blues. In this analogous painting I have used Blue-violet, Blue, and Blue-green with black and white for varying the values. This is similar to one I did called "Lavender Sway 3" It had more red-violets and some butterflies.
This is alla prima: fast and fun, lots of thick paint all applied in one session, so the colors mix wet-in-wet. It has a painterly, loose look to it.
I really like the abstract quality of the shapes and rhythm in this painting, as well as the cool temperature of the blue tones.
Enjoy!

Click here for more original art and to see my gallery pages!

Email me at: fmcneillbarr@gmail.com for availability and/or information about having your own custom painting created. 

Click here for customer feed-back to see what others say about my work!

No comments: