Saturday, August 16, 2008

Rainy Day Angel, palette knife painting

"Rainy Day Angel"
8 x 10 inches
Acrylic on hardboard
SOLD

#5 in the blue series. I used a composition of split compliments. Blue-green, blue-violet, orange, black and white. Orange is a true compliment to blue, so by using the hues on each side of blue I have split the compliment. I could have done it the other way: with Blue and Yellow-Orange or Red-Orange.
This is a palette knife painting, which gives it that almost abstract look, which I love for angels.
When we are down we can be sure God is still with us. His messengers are all around. We can find comfort even when times are tough.

Thanks for looking!



Email me at: fmcneillbarr@gmail.com for availability and/or information about having your own custom painting created. 


No comments: