Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Big Lake Sunset, palette knife painting

"Big Lake Sunset"
9 x 12 inches
Acrylic on hardboard


I am getting fond of the palette knife, I love the texture it creates! This painting was done alla prima, or all at once, to get that thick overlapping quality. It is often the goal, but seldom happens that way.  Painting over dry paint doesn't give the same mixtures of color.
I got out for a walk at the lake a few days ago, and took some nice pictures of the sunset. The sun had just slipped down below the water, so the colors were still bright and inspiring.

Thanks for looking!



Email me at: fmcneillbarr@gmail.com for availability and/or information about having your own custom painting created. 

Click here for customer feed-back to see what others say about my work!

No comments: