Monday, December 08, 2008

Dawn's Light, young palm tree

"Dawn's Light"
5 x 7 inches
Acrylic on hardboard
Sold

I painted this alla prima, all in one session. Wet-in-wet, fast and loose . . . so fun to do. Very impressionistic. I saw this little palm tree glowing in the early morning sun, the shadows where intensified by the light. It was so beautiful to me. It reminds me of that feeling when you are out camping and it is hard to make things out with all the shadows, then the sun eats away at the darkness and even seems to bite through some of the objects in its path.
NEWS FLASH:
The first Daily Painters book is out! MY ART is featured in the middle.
I am so excited, I am in NEW BOOK THAT HAS JUST BEEN PUBLISHED!
Too Cool!!!!!!!


Thanks for looking!


Click here for more original art and to see my gallery pages!


Email me at: fmcneillbarr@gmail.com for availability and/or information about having your own custom painting created. 

Click here for customer feed-back to see what others say about my work!


No comments: