Friday, February 06, 2009

Butterfly Wishes Too

"Butterfly Wishes Too"


Wishes for love and prosperity are symbolized by the red and green in this palette knife painting. I like the way the butterfly looks like it is part of the flower.

I started with a fairly thin lay-in, with large brush strokes, but it just didn't have the same effect. So I let it dry and went over the top with thick layers of paint on the palette knife. That is when it came alive! The colors began to mix together on the painting as I added more paint and pulled the colors across each other. I enjoy this wet-in-wet application, it gets messy, but it is fun to do. Many people are amazed that I use acrylics for this, but when you use the paint thickly, it takes longer to dry and is not a problem at all.


Media: acrylic on hardboard
Size: 5 in X 7 in (12.7 cm X 17.8 cm)
Ready to frame
Sold

Click here for more original art and to see my gallery pages!

Email me at: fmcneillbarr@gmail.com for availability and/or information about having your own custom painting created. 

Click here for customer feed-back to see what others say about my work!

No comments: