Saturday, April 18, 2009

Garden Stream




"Garden Stream"



About This Painting:
I started with the palette knife, but got to adding more detail with a brush. This painting was not working out so well at first, so I reworked it for a better composition. This was done by toning down some of the bright colors that were in the foreground. That pushed the focal point onto the red flowers in the middle ground, which is what I wanted. I also added more sky in the trees. I just love the stained glass effect that came about in the trees.


Ready to frame.

Media: acrylic on hardboard
Size: 5 in X 7 in (12.7 cm X 17.8 cm)


Email me at: fmcneillbarr@gmail.com for availability and/or information about having your own custom painting created.


Click here for customer feed-back to see what others say about my work!

Enjoy!

No comments: