Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Spider Lily Morn, plein air painting


"Spider Lily Morn"
About This Painting:
I got out very early this morning, to paint before the heat is unbearable. The spider lilies are blooming everywhere, and these had a nice tree behind them to set them off. I darkened the colors of the sky too, as the sunlight began to shine right on the lilies. The colors were amazing.
I had a client ask me if they were real, she said they look like something from outer space!
Painted en plein air, alla prima. (Out doors, all in one session.)
Ready to frame.

Media: acrylic on hardboard
Size: 6 in X 6 in (15.2 cm X 15.2 cm)
Price: $250 USD

Email me at: fmcneillbarr@gmail.com for availability and/or information about having your own custom painting created. I can do something similar in a size you would like.


Click here for customer feed-back to see what others say about my work!

Enjoy!

No comments: