Monday, September 06, 2010

Bear Side, fall scene, mountain landscape

"Bear Side"

About This Painting: Tried another palette knife painting on gallery wrap canvas. The painting continues on the deep sides, so framing is not needed.

Painted this one from memory. When I get to go back home to visit my family in Montana and Washington State, I take lots of pictures, especially if we go up in The Rockies. My older brother lives near Glacier National Park now, so I love staying at his house!

Instead of using my photographs, I just made this one up as I went along. It was fun to change, add, and rearrange things until I found this composition, which I think is very strong because of the diagonal lines and the bright colors. I added the little bear near the tree line because I always see deer, or bear, or something, every time I go back! 

 Media: acrylic on gallery wrap canvas 

Size: 10 in X 10 in (25.4 cm X 25.4 cm) 

Price: $350 USD

Click here to see more

Email me for availability: fawn@fawnsartstudio.com  

Thanks for looking!

No comments: