Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Cypress Shores 2, Florida landscape, wildlife, great egret

"Cypress Shores 2"


This started as a study of the cypress trees again. I love the negative spaces in the trees. They remind me of Christmas ornaments. I got a few good pictures of this great white egret as it kept flying ahead of our boat while we were fishing a few days ago. We went out in the evening this last time.

I wanted to use a brush instead of a knife this time. I tried to exaggerate the impressionistic look of the brush work in the clouds and the trees, and the water, and still get it to look fairly realistic.

This painting is composed from memory mostly. I made up the clouds, used my photos for the tree line, and used the photos of the egret to add him in last. I love working this way, free-handing the whole thing as I go. Leaves lots of room for changes and imagination.



Media: acrylic on hardboard
Size: 5 in X 7 in (12.7 cm X 17.8 cm)

Click here to see my gallery pages!

Email me at: fmcneillbarr@gmail.com for availability and purchasing information or about having a custom painting created. Prices are by size.

Click here to read what customers say about my work.

Thanks for looking!

No comments: