Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Frosted Palms, Florida landscape

"Frosted Palms"


About This Painting:
We have had some hard freezes already this winter. On this particular morning, my car was iced over, and I don't even own an ice scraper to remove it from my windshield. I had to put the defroster on high heat to get a hole big enough to see through!

I saw this scene early that morning while driving just north of Okeechobee City, near Fort Drum, which is south of Orlando in the middle of the state. It was truly amazing! For the first hour of my drive everything was frost covered, and then the sun began to break through the patches of fog. Then everywhere the sun hit was a bright orange, and all the shadows were sparkling blue from the ice.

I used to live in Montana, so ice is not strange to me, it is just strange to see it on palm trees in Florida!

Thanks for looking!

Ready to frame.

Media: acrylic on hardboard
Size: 5 in X 7 in (12.7 cm X 17.8 cm)
Price: $300 USD

FREE SHIPPING in the US!


Click here to see my gallery pages!

Email me at: fmcneillbarr@gmail.com for availability and purchasing information or about having a custom painting created. Prices are by size.

Click here to read what customers say about my work.


Thanks for looking!

No comments: