Wednesday, March 02, 2016

Stormy Evening, sunset beach knife painting


"Stormy Evening"
(Am currently accepting orders for custom paintings! 
Can do something similar in a larger size!)

This is an original palette knife painting.  Sometimes I take a break from my serious detailed work and put tons of paint out on the palette. I load the painting up thick using a palette knife instead of a brush to get all kinds of interesting mixtures and texture.  This is very exciting and moves quickly.  When they don't come together with the desired results I scrape all the paint off and try again. In most cases I do them alla prima (all at once), but this time I didn't have time to get it all finished and went back later to add the final details. (Added birds and some of the palm tree with a small brush.)

Click here to read more about how this painting was created! 

About this painting:
9 x 12 inches
Acrylic on hardboard
SOLD!


Click here to see more original art and my gallery pages.

Email me at: fmcneillbarr@gmail.com for availability and/or information about having your own custom painting created! (Animal portraits, kids with pets or livestock, homesteads, religeous art, etc... )  Price list by size.

Click here for customer feed-back to see what others say about my work!

Thank you for passing this link on!


No comments: