Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Gentle Song Too, waterfall, palette knife painting


"Gentle Song Too"

This painting is all about contrast.  I like the contrast of the light and dark values, but the cool and warm tones make a different kind of contrast too. I am also intrigued by the contrast of the flowing and moving water against the harsh rocks. The palette knife lends itself well to the abstract look of the rocks, and it emphasizes the movement in the water too.  It was originally created in 2010, but I have gone back and added more details.

Thanks for looking!


Ready to frame

Acrylic on hardboard
 5 x 7 in (plus frame)
Price: $110.00 (free shipping in the US) 
Wide custom frame (see below)


Email me at: fawn@fawnsartstudio.com for availability or to have something similar created in a size your prefer. 


Click here for customer feed-back to see what others say about my work!





No comments: