Thursday, October 27, 2016

No More Tears, mountain path, angels, lake, fawn


"No more Tears"
© Fawn McNeill 2005


This is the last of my "drippy" series.  I did ten or so of these a few years ago. I like the contrast of the somewhat abstract background with realism added over the top.

It is symbolic on so many levels. 

The most obvious comes from a Bible verse (Rev 21:4) that says He (Jesus) will wipe the tears from our eyes in heaven.

The fawn is my name sake, so it represents me on a path to better things.  

The path is about choices and free will.  I have made my share of regretful journeys.

The drips and runs are all about tears and sorrow bringing about growth.  I poured my heart and my sorrows into this series for many months.  Then I got it all out and moved on!

The mountains represent the good things in life, and heading for higher places spiritually.  Better choices.

The angels in the mountains represent the spiritual battle.  One of the angels is praying, and one has a shield and sword.  They fight for us!

Using acrylics this thin jeopardizes the integrity and quality of the paint, so the finished painting must be sealed with at least 2 coats of acrylic sealer.  I prefer a semi-gloss, which I make by mixing two thirds gloss medium and varnish (Liquitex) with one third matte medium.  

 (I started a palette knife series with bold strong colors and thick textures after this painting.)

Media: Acrylic on canvas
Size:18 x 24 inches
Not for sale 



Email me at: fawn@fawnsartstudio.com for information about having your own custom painting created! (Animal portraits, kids with pets or livestock, homesteads, religious themes, etc... )  Price list by size.




Thank you for passing this link on!

http://fawnspaintings.blogspot.com

Click here for customer feed-back to see what others say about my work!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: